Friday, February 15, 2008

FW: [Fwd: FW: A Rapist's New Trick]



3 John 1:4
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

> Please take 3 minutes and read this...then pass it on.... When I
> think
> about it...I probably would have believed him and opened the
> door.....
>
>
>
> RAPIST TRICK
>
> Know what money you are carrying. You will see why as you read.
>
> Be sure every woman is aware of this M.O. Share it with your
> wife and
> daughters. Know what money you are carrying...
>
> This was the first I have heard of a scheme like this.....I
> wanted to pass it along. Be safe!
> Something very serious to pay attention to.
>
> Criminals are coming up with craftier, less threatening methods
> of attack, so we have to be extra cautious.
> *********
> I live in Alexandria , VA , but I often work in Lafayette , LA ,
> staying
> with friends when I'm there. As you know from America 's Most
> Wanted TV
> program, as well as the news media, there is a serial killer in
> the
> Lafayette area. I just want to let you know about an "incident"
> that
> happened to me a few weeks ago, and could have been deadly.
>
> At first I didn't go to the polic e or anyone with it because I
> didn't
> realize how serious this encounter was. But since I work in a
> jail and I
> told a few people about it, it wasn't long before I was paraded
> into
> Internal Affairs to tell them my story. It was approximately
> 5:15 a.m. in
> Opelousas , La. I had stayed with a friend there and was on my
> way to work.
> I stopped at the Exxon/Blimpie Pie station to get gas. I got $10
> gas and a
> Diet Coke. I took into the store two $5 bills and one $1 bill
> (just enough to get my stuff). As I pulled away from the store, a man
> approached my truck from the back side of the store (an unlit area).
He
> was an "approachable-looking" man (clean cut, clean shaven, dressed
> well, etc.).
>
> He walked up to my window and knocked. Since I'm very paranoid
> and "always looking for the rapist or killer," I didn't open the
window.
> I just asked what he wanted. He raised a $5 bill to my window and
said,
> "You dropped this." Since I knew I had gone into the store with a
> certain amount of money, I knew I didn't drop it.
>
> When I told him it wasn't mine, he began hitting the window and
> door, screaming at me to open my door, and insisting that I had
dropped
> the money! At that point, I just drove away as fast as I could.
>
> After talking to the Internal Affairs Department and describing
> the man I saw, and the way he escalated from calm and polite to angry
> and volatile...it was determined that I could have possibly
encountered
> the serial killer myself.
>
> Up to this point, it had been unclear as to how he had gained
> access to his victims, since there has been no evidence of forced
entry
> into victim's homes, cars, etc. And the fact that he has been
attackin g
> in the daytime, when women are less likely to have their guard up,
means
> he is pretty BOLD.
>
> So think about it...what gesture is nicer than returning money
> to someone that dropped it?????
> How many times would you have opened your window (or door) to
> get your money and say thank you.... because if the person is kind
> enough to return something to you, then he can't really be a
> threat....can he????
>
> Please be cautious! This might not have been the serial
> killer... but anyone that gets that angry over someone not accepting
> money from them can't have honorable intentions. The most important
> thing to note is that his reaction was NOT WHAT I EXPECTED! A total
> surprise! But what might
> have happened if I had opened my door? I shudder to think!
>
> Forward this to everyone you know...maybe they can be as
> fortunate as I was!
>
> P.S. Ladies, really DO forward this to EVERYONE you know Even if
> this man wasn't a serial killer, he looked nice, he seemed polite, he
> was apparently doing an act of kindness, but HE WAS NOT A NICE
> PERSON!!!
>
> Men, send it to all the women in your life. What you do today is
> important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. Make
it
> a good one!
>
> Please forward to anyone you think might benefit from this
> story.

Have a great day! Love Mom

No comments: